Thursday, December 4, 2008

Life Happens.

Hello, friends!

I wish I could tell you that we have not updated our blog because our family ran off to join the circus, or that we are part of a top-secret organization of peace-keeping spies. I'd even settle for being able to say that we were placed in the witness protection program after testifying against an underground crime ring.

The truth, however, may not be as exotic -- Life Happened. Since February, we have been rolling with life's events, even as they have rolled over us. I want to offer my sincere apologies to those of you who visited the site, left comments, or wondered about our absence. You all rock!

Ten months is clearly a long time; I admit I feel a sense of "blogger obligation" (blogligation?) to share with you some "His2Dads Highlights". (Note: While I am anxious to get to the highlights, I have to tell you how much I like my new word....blogligation...the sense of obligation bloggers feel toward their readers to update their blogs...*laughs*....Go Me!). Ok, so on to the excuses...(er, highlights)....

*Husband, a generally normal and (dare I say!) predictable guy, managed to surprise us all this summer. He chose to leave the middle school classroom, trading his 6th, 7th, and 8th graders in for 2nd graders. SECOND GRADE! After 3 months in an elementary school, he says he loves it. I think he is crazy. Certifiable even. Ok, so I admit I am truly afraid of 2nd graders. Really. Don't judge. It's ok if he is crazy...we still love him.

*Not to be shown up by Husband, I decided to jump on the "major change" bandwagon myself. Unfortunately, when I jumped, my footing must not have been the best. I decided to leave the middle school classroom to become a middle school administrator. After 2-1/2 months, I arrived at the realization that the long hours and added stress were not as fun as they may sound. I made the difficult decision to resign that position and return to the classroom. Besides, I didn't really like having my own office or the freedom to use the restroom whenever I needed anyway (or something like that). But don't count me out of school administration yet...Retirement is a LONG way off - I may hit the gym so the next time I decide to jump, I can land in a comfortable seat on the bandwagon of change.


*Our son? Yeah. Sometimes I think he is sitting in the driver's seat of that change bandwagon. When I last posted a message, he was a relatively quiet baby who still relied upon Daddy and Papa for putting food in his belly and moving from point A to point B. Now? Here's what I can honestly say to you...he is not mobile. Oh no. He is more like "Oh-My-God-Catch-Him" mobile. To top it off, the boy can eat. I can only imagine what his teenage years will mean for our grocery bill. Overall, though, we wouldn't change a thing (except I am thinking of adding 6 inches of sand to our floor just to slow him down a bit...it sounds crazy now, but just you watch - just like "blogligation", "sandfloors" will be all the rage...Everyone will be doing it! The picture is a rare example of what he looks like when he is neither moving nor eating...




Ok. So we are back. We were gone for awhile - but remember, Life Happens.

Feel free to leave a comment to say hi! We look forward to hearing from you.

It's good to be back!

Happy Holidays!

His2Dads

2 comments:

OHmommy said...

Oh my... what a great surprise. You made my day. ;)

JustADad said...

Yay! And you are the first to comment on my return...so you have made my day!

Good to see ya, OHmommy!