Monday, January 7, 2008

We're Baaaack!

Happy New Year, Dear Readers!

I apologize for the long break between posts....I did not have internet access during our trip to Florida for winter break, and therefore have fallen terribly far behind in my readin' and writin' *sigh*...

Our son's first Christmas was awesome. Although, I must admit, he really couldn't have cared less - but we had a great time as new daddies putting on a first Christmas. After spending Christmas at home, the three of us boarded a plane for Florida. More than a little nervous about flying with a 5-month old, we managed to make it through security despite their completely ridiculous rules about liquids and powders in carry-ons (and I used to work in airline security!). Our son was asleep before we boarded the plane, and didn't wake up until after we exited the plane in Florida....completely perfect! Of course, coming back was another story, but there were at least 5 other babies on the flight, and he was not the worst by a long shot! So traveling was good, but I am SOOO glad to be home!

Anyway, break is over and Monday has hit hard. This morning, I jumped in my car to head to work (*ugh*) only to find I would be heading no where fast...my battery was dead. A battle of wills ensued...Me versus my Mazda. Despite repeated attempts to jump my car, along with no small amount of various pleas and begs and promises of ultimate detailing and fresh oil, my 2007 Mazda emerged from our battle victorious. And I had to ask mom for a ride to work.

My own body has even chosen to deny me any sympathy. A harsh reminder that I am no longer in control of my own day, a gargantuan cup of recently consumed coffee is reeking havoc on my smaller-than-average bladder, and I can do nothing but count the ticks of the clock until the bell rings and I am free to use the restroom. *double sigh*

So now, with my work all caught up, my students working on projects, and my bladder gently reminding me of its existence, I can get caught up on some blog reading. I also plan on getting to a special blog "meme", as BusyDad requested oh-s0-long-ago. Thank you, dear readers, for your patience. Send me happy thoughts as I contend with the Mazda dealership and a full bladder. And from our family to yours, we wish you the very best in the new year!

Cheers!

His2Dads

No comments: